No matter what type of affiliate product or service you’re selling, you’re probably always looking for ways to get your offers in front of more prospects… and you’re looking for ways to get folks to click on your affiliates links. That’s because marketing is a numbers game – the more targeted prospects who see your offers, the more money you make.
With that in mind, here are three killer tips for getting others to click your affiliate links…
- Build Trust First
People buy from those they know, like and trust. So if you’re a virtual stranger who’s asking people to click on your affiliate links, guess what happens? Not a darn thing. No one clicks because no one trusts you.
Instead, what you need to do is publish a newsletter (and preferably a blog, too). That way your prospects get to know you with each issue you send or article you post. And you’ll also build trust with your audience by providing free, quality solutions to their problems.
- Pre-Sell Your Products
Even if people know, like and trust you, they’re still not going to rush to click on your affiliate links unless you give them a good reason to do so. And that means you need to pre-sell your affiliate offers before you send your visitors on to the vendor’s page.
Here are three ways to do exactly that…
- Do a product review or comparison. If you want to sell a single product, then you can do a product review. This is where you share the good points (benefits) of the products, the product’s flaws and your “verdict” (whether you recommend it or not).
Tip: If you just want to offer the product benefits, then you’re basically writing a sales letter. That’s fine. But don’t confuse it with a product review. A review is an honest assessment of the product, including product flaws. However, don’t be afraid to share the flaws, as doing so makes people trust you more – and that increased trust increases your conversion rate.
Alternatively, you can compare two or more similar products – flaws and all – and let your readers know which one you recommend.
- Share a case study. People want proof that a product works. And one way to offer proof is by sharing a case study of what types of results you or someone else got by using the product.
- Build anticipation. Another way to get people to click on your affiliate links is by building anticipation and curiosity. You can do this over a series of emails. Or you can do in just one email, where you get people curious about the sales page.
- Add Value to Your Offers
When you’re an affiliate, you’re in direct competition with other affiliates who are selling the same product. One way to virtually eliminate the competition is by adding value to the offer – that is, you offer a related bonus product or service to those who purchase the item through your affiliate link.
- You offer a free sales letter critique to those who buy a copywriting course through your link.
- You offer a free blogging course for those who purchase a traffic-generation course through your link.
- You offer a free exercise book and a free recipe book to those who purchase a diet course through your link.
In sum: You can get more clicks on your affiliate links and more money in your pocket simply by doing these three things:
- Building trust with your prospects first.
- Pre-selling the offer.
- Adding value to the offer.
Apply all three of these tips ASAP and see if you don’t start enjoying more sales, too!